Friday, 2 March 2012

Perfect Pinwheels

I mentioned in my last post that I visit You Tube on occasion and I found yet another video that inspired today's card.  About the time that CHA was going on I saw several videos featuring pinwheel dies that of course I was lusting over, but when I saw the Simon Says Stamp video that shows how you can make simple pinwheels without any dies I immediately started thinking about what I could do with them!


As usual I started out with the pattern  papers -- this time using several sheets from My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy Girl collection.  After Selecting coordinating card stock, ribbon, and ink, I set out to make the pinwheels. They were really easy!  If you like this look I definitely recommend watching the video I have linked below.  Of the two methods described I used the glue dot method.


In addition to these being so easy and fast to complete, I like that you can make these pinwheels any size you like.  I made mine with card stock cut at 2" square.

After the pinwheels were assembled cutting the card stock, inking the edges, stamping images, and putting everything together went pretty quickly.  I decided to make a gate-fold card and I stamped the inside with a cute bird image from the coordinating stamp set Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink.  This card is so cute!



I love this card!  Ive decided to enter it in several challenges:
  1.   Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog -- Anything Goes
  2.   Pile it On -- Fun Folds 
  3.   Allsorts Challenge Blog -- Anything Goes 
  4.   Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Blog -- Anything Goes

Supplies used are as follows:

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up!  Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, textured Melon Mambo.  My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy Girl 6x6 pad.

Stamps:   My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink, My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy True Blue, Ki Memories Party Icons.

Ink:  Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip.

Embellishments:  American Crafts satin ribbon, Recollections brads, buttons from my stash.

Adhesives:  Tombow Mono permanent adhesive runner, Skor Tape, Glue Dots, foam squares.

Other tools:  Paper trimmer, scissors, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, artist sponge.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

A very cute card! I love the pin wheels!

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop blog.

Sarah x

Helen said...

Fabulous card - love all the different papers you've used!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Rica said...

A stunning card, the colours and textures of the pinwheels are sensational!!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xxx