Originally I was going to cut out the dragonfly and butterfly completely, but I really like the background, so instead I decided to just cut out the wings with my Cutterbee craft knife. The bee was on the same sheet, so I included it, but the paper encompassing all three bugs was slightly bigger than I wanted it to be. For this reason once the wings were cut I folded over the bee's left wing and trimmed off the edge with my trimmer. I really like the effect of the bee's wing over the edge, so I'm glad I kept the bee. :)
Once I decided to keep the background I choose some cardstock to coordinate, and because of the vintage feeling of the paper I decided on using just hemp twine instead of ribbon. Once everything was inked and assembled I popped up each of the wings with foam squares, and added the sentiment. This card seems so different from what I usually do but its just so pretty!
Since this is another thank-you card I didn't want to put a sentiment inside, but I didn't want to leave it plain either. For this reason after adhering some kraft and cream cardstock I cut out another dragonfly and been and glued them inside.
I really enjoyed making this card so I think I will try similar techniques with some of my other favourite papers. :)
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
- Allsorts Challenge - Spread Your Wings
- Daring Cardmakers - Colour Combo Challenge
- Scrap-Creations - Pop it Up
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla. Recollections Kraft. K&C Company Tim Coffey Blossomwood 12 x 12 Designer paper pad.
Stamp Set: Stampin' Up! Pocket Silhouettes
Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Chestnut Roan.
Embellishment: Hemp twine from my stash.
Adhesives: Tombo Mono permanent adhesive runner, foam squares, generic glue stick.
Tools: Cutterbee craft knife, scissors, paper trimmer.