Thursday 1 March 2012

Creating a card sketch book

I don't know about you, but when I'm looking for inspiration, or for tips on how to do things I go to You Tube a lot.  One of the people I follow on You Tube is Kristina Werner.  I love her cards and when she posted her video on making a card sketch book, I knew I had to make one too.



I didn't copy hers exactly, but if you compare mine to hers you can definitely see how I used her layout.  I started by choosing the patterned paper.  Since I may use this book regularly I wanted to choose a pattern that I like to look at, and I've been saving these two sheets from American Craft's "Hello Sunshine" collection for a special occasion.   I then chose letter stickers and embellishments to match, and of course added some ink to almost everything.  The pop-up flower originally had a button in the middle that I pulled off in order to stick some of the letters on, I like how it turned out. 

To bind the whole thing I had to be a bit creative as I don't have the stapler that Kristina uses in her video, and I couldn't find my regular stapler.  Instead I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch holes through the center of the booklet (the same way it would have been stapled) and threaded some bakers twine through. 



Below is Kristina's original video.  You can find her blog post where she includes the page templates here.



The supplies I used are as follows:

Cardstock:  American Crafts "Hello Sunshine".

Ink:  Color Box fluid chalk ink Chestnut Roan.

Letter Stickers:  American Crafts Thickers Sunset.  Ki Memories epoxy stickers Good Tidings.

Other Embellishments:  American Crafts Daybreak Details.  Ki Memories brushed flowers. We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Bakers Twine.

Tools:  Paper Trimmer, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile.

Adhesive: Skor Tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)