Tuesday 27 March 2012

Easter

Remember the St. Patrick's day card I made a couple of weeks ago?  If not you can see the post here, but at the time I mentioned I had several additional ideas for the technique I used.  When I saw the this sketch:


 at Freshly Made Sketches, I thought it was perfect because it was similar to one of the ideas that I had.  This is what I came up with:



Unfortunately I didn't finish my card in time to enter the challenge, but I still really like how this card turned out.

I started out with the cute bunny stamp that I got from one of the $1.50 bins at Michaels, and figured out which of my circle dies would fit it.  I chose to make the circles on the side the next size circle down, and I chose to use Jillibean Soup's Blossom soup collection for the lower layer. I used some SU Certainly Celery for the card base.

 I love the pink sheet with the type on it, so when I placed the die in order to cut I made sure that the bolded statement showing was one that I liked.  I then chose several other springy sheets and coloured the bunny to coordinate.   I added the top layer with some foam tape so the cirles look like windows.

Me being me I couldn't leave things alone, so I added some Sakura glitter pen, and as an afterthought I cut out a couple of butterflies from one of the sheets and added it with foam squares so the butterflies looked like they had just landed on the card.  Once I added some bakers twine the card was finished!



Since I didn't have an Easter sentiment stamp I decided to write "Happy Easter" on the inside, and I added some circles die cut from the papers used on the front.  I like how it turned out, but I'm not completely happy with my writing so I really think I need to practice on some calligraphy. :)



Although I missed the Freshly Made Sketches challenge, I was still able to join in on the following challenges:

  1. Creative Stamp Friends - Spring
  2. Stampin' For the Weekend - Anything Goes
  3. Papertake Weekly - BINGO:  Die Cuts, Free (Twine), Glitter
  4. Moving Along With the Times - Easter Wishes
  5. The Pink Elephant - Butterflies
  6. The Pretty Little Ribbon - Spring Colours

Here are the supplies I used this time:

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Certainly Celery, Whisper White.  Jillibean Soup Blossom Soup 6x6 pad.

Stamp:  Craft Smart from Micheals (no name).

Ink:   Memories Black.

Markers:  Bic Mark It Oceanview Blue, Yellow Blaze, Margarita Green, Pink Flamingo, Tuxedo Black.  Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Stardust. Copic W3.  Prismacolour Colourless Blender.

Twine:  We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Bakers Twine Primary Lemonade.

Adhesives:  Tombow Mono Adhesive Runner Permanent, Scotch Quick Dry, foam squares.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, scissors, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

4 comments:

  1. My, my, my how I love your work!!! It's just beautiful! This might just be one of my favourite cards by you! Such a great idea. If you are on Facebook, then check out a group called Craft Bloggers {Network}. It's another space to draw attention to your blog, which you so need to do because you're work is gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eine schöne und interessante
    Arbeit, danke fürs Mitmachen bei den Kreativen Stempelfreunden.

    LG
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card!

    Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute love the style Thanks so much for playing at SFTW hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)