Monday 12 March 2012

Birthday Coupons

So this year for my husband's birthday I decided to be a bit more creative and put together a book of birthday coupons:





It was really fun putting this together.  I kept it really simple as far as products used.  I used the same patterned paper set that i used to make his cards and chose coordinating card stock. I cut everything to the size I wanted, rounded corners on one side and adhered everything together.  I used my Crop-a-dile to punch holes, and once I wrote my 'offerings' (keeping things clean for now - this was a family day after all, lol)  I put them all on a large binder ring.

This is something really fun to do, and it helps to use products you already have on hand.  I tried to make some of them cute and funny, below are some of my favourites.  Make sure to take note of the 'fine print', lol:




I made quite a few of these, it pays to be creative and any family member would enjoy receiving something like this!

I'm entering this into the following challenges:
  1. Color Throwdown - Ridinghood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
  2. Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
  3. Craft Your Passion - 100th Challenge Celebration - Anything Goes

I used the following supplies:

Cardstock:  Stampin Up!  Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Real Red, Very Vanilla.  Crate Paper Toybox Collection 6x6 pad.

Markers:  Stampin' Up! Stampin' Write markers Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore.

Adhesive - Tombow Mono Adhesive Runner permanent

Tools: Paper Trimmer, We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-dile, Corner Chomper


2 comments:

  1. I do so love birthday coupons. These are so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenge this week.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! How fun! I am sure he will enjoy using them too! Great blog. Glad I found you... Your creations are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)