Monday, 12 March 2012

Eat Cake!

This is the second card that I made for my husband for his birthday, this time from me.  I thought this one turned out to be cute:


I used the same patterned paper that I used for the card from my son, only this time I chose a couple of fun patterns.  Once I chose the cardstock, I stamped the images and decided to colour the image using my Bic Mark Its.  Again I couldn't resist adding some Sakura glitter pen, and this time I added some matching brads.


I haven't set any eyelets for awhile, so I kind of went to town with my Crop-a-dile.  I really like the sewing effect with the ribbon.


To add colour to the inside I used my Cuttlebug to cut the smallest circle from my die set.  I inked them and adhered them randomly.  Overall this was a really a fun card to make! And I think my husband enjoyed me making something for him for a change, lol. :)

I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges:
  1. Catered Crop - Ravenous for Ribon Quickfire
  2. Daring Cardmakers - Tessellation
  3. Color Throwdown - Ridinghood Red, Pumpkin Spice, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
  4. Creative Craft Challenges - Boys Will be Boys
  5. Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
  6. Craft Your Passion - 100th Challenge Celebration - Anything Goes
  7. The Pink Elephant - Lets See Those Layers

I've used the following supplies:

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip.  Crate Paper Toybox collection 6x6 pad.

Stamp Sets:  Stampin' Up!  Bitty Birthday, Inviting.  KI Memories Party Icons.

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Chestnut Roan, Creamy Brown.  Memories Black.

Markers and Pens:  Bic Mark It! blue Skies Blue, Ky Lime, Margarita Green, Woodsy Brown, Honey Brown, Rambunctious Red, Oceanview Blue, Summer Melon.  Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Stardust Pen.

Embellishments:  Recollections Eyelets, Crate Paper Toybox Collection Sew Brads, hemp twine from stash, red ribbon from stash. 

Adhesives:  Tombo Mono Adhesive Runner permanent, foam squares.

Tools:  Paper Trimmer, scissors,  We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Crop-a-dile, Cuttlebug.



4 comments:

Broni said...

Such a fun and happy card!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us this week!

Cathy Lee said...

Darling card, Cathy. I love the sparkly image, nice layout and sweet design papers. Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Your Passion Challenge this week.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Joan Ervin said...

What a wonderful birthday card...love the awesome layout and the ribbon treatment with the eyelets is fabulous!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!!!

Beverly said...

Fantastic card... Love the design!