Friday 19 October 2012

Two Mini Card Sets - MFP Featured Stamp Set Mini Halloween Selections

Its getting close to Marks Finest Papers blog hop time (next week, the month went by fast!), and in anticipation some of us on the design team are featuring the new mini stamp set. This is the stamp set you will receive when you order the bundle of the four main sets, and this time its called "Mini Halloween Selections".  It features Halloween and Fall images that were included in previous sets, only this time in mini size!  I decided to make a set of autumn themed note cards.


I started with the images and stamped them with orange pigment ink, then heat embossed with clear powder.  These mini panels were inked with light brown then matted with orange.  Click on the images below in order for them to display in a larger size.




The main panel consists of an embossed piece of ivory card stock inked and matted with orange.  After adding some ribbon and a bow, the mini image panels were foam taped over the ribbon, and a gem was added to the bottom corner of each.  A bit of glitter pen was added to each image for some extra sparkle. The entire panel was adhered to a cream card base.




The centers were kept fairly simple with an inked piece of ivory matted with orange, and a single leaf stamp.


I thought I would make a similar Halloween set:


This time I stamped each of the images in black pigment ink before heat embossing with clear powder.  The little panels were inked with black ink instead of brown and matted with black.




As you can see, on these cards I substituted patterned paper for the embossed paper of the original set, and used some black ribbon to coordinate.  The card base was black. Other than the colour scheme the construction was the same.




Of course I added more glitter to the images (how could I not), and a gem to each one as I did before.


The only difference to the center of these cards is that I added some banner cut scraps, and stamped the little witch in the corner.

I love how these two sets of note cards turned out.  They are the perfect size, 4.5" square, so they will fit in an A2 size envelope for mailing (no extra postage), and they are small enough that you could attach them to a gift or a treat bag.  I also think a set of cards like these would be a great gift, and I'm kind of thinking of making up some sets like this for Christmas gifts!

This new mini set will be available next week at the Marks Finest Papers Store, along with all of the other new sets.  I will be featuring these sets here on my blog during another blog hop, as will the rest of the DT, so don't forget to stay tuned!  The upcoming sets are really cute so you won't be disappointed!  :)


I used the following supplies for my projects:

Card stock:  Gina K Desigins Pure Ivory, Onyx Black.  Stampin' Up!  Very Vanilla, Dusty Durango.  Teresa Collins Haunted Hallows.

Stamps:  Marks Finest Papers Halloween Selections

Ink:  American Crafts Black Pigment Ink, Apricot Pigment Ink.  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy Brown, Memento Tuxedo Black.

Embellishments:  American Crafts Premium Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Up!  Basic Jewels Rhinestones, Sakura Glitter Pen Clear Star.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, foam squares, glue dots.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart Score Board, Cuttlebug, Paperlace II embossing folder set, Ranger Blending Tool.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Your cards are absolutely stunning!!! I am so impressed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy you have been busy - great sets of cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just perfect! I would never have thought to emboss the fall images with orange ink, but it totally works! Your Halloween notecard set is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)