Sunday 28 October 2012

Bright Christmas

Today I thought I'd share another Christmas card using Mark's Finest Papers stamps.


This uses a Mark's Finest Papers set called Poinsettia Blooms.  I love Poinsettias (who doesn't at Christmas time) and I thought this image was really pretty.  I started by stamping the image on cream card card stock and colouring with alcohol markers. Highlights were added with glitter pen.  I rounded the corners and inked the dges with light brown, then matted the image with olive card stock that had also been inked.


For the main panel I found some patterned papers and card stock to coordinate and cut everything down. All edges were of course inked. I used some scraps from the same paper pack to cut some banner strips that were inked. I staggered their placement and adhered them to the panel.  Some pretty seam binding ribbon was added, then the main panel was adhered to the card base.


I foam taped the image over the ribbon, then added a bow.  Some stick pins were added to the bow and a sentiment was stamped on a scrap strip of cream.  the ends were banner cut to match the other strips on the card, and edges inked.  The strip was also foam taped to the base. Of course more glitter pen was added to the sentiment.


For the center I matted an inked piece of cream with a pattern, stamped my sentiment and added some banners made from scraps. 

I love the Poinsettia Blooms set.  It has some lovely images, and lots of sentiments which is very helpful when building up your holiday card stash.  I'm sure I will be using this set again!


I used the following products for my card:

Card Stock:  Stampin' Up!  Old Olive, Gina K Pure Ivory, Echo Park Season's Greetings.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Poinsettia Blooms

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy Brown.

Markers:  Bic Mark Its Prairie Berry, Honey Brown, Tiki Hut Tan, Yellow Blaze, Sunset Orange, Summer Melon, Forest Green.  Copic W3, W5, YG03, R27.

Embellishments:  May Arts Seam Binding, Mark's Finest Papers Hat Pins, Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry, glue dots, foam squares.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, sissors, Martha Stewart score board, Ranger blending tool.


I would like to enter the following challenges:
  1. Christmas Card Challenges - Bows
  2. Pile it On - Any Holiday.
  3. Daring Cardmakers - Let there be light.

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous creation! thanks for playing along with us at ccc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful card, and just perfect our "Let There be Light" challenge at The Daring Cardmakers
    this week, thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great details and matching of colors, textures and patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)