Monday 8 October 2012

Craft Your Passion #131 Hip to be Square

Happy Thanksgiving!  Its time for another Monday challenge at Craft Your Passion and this time we are telling you -- Its hip to be square!  Here is what I've done:


This week I was lucky enough to be asked to choose which images the DT would work with.  This week our sponsor is Pattie's Creations and she has an amazing selection of images to choose from!  Since today is Thanksgiving in Canada I tried to choose images that would go with a Thanksgiving or fall theme.  I couldn't decide which one of those I wanted to work with so I decided to work with both!


I coloured my images first, then decided on patterend papers.  I thought the Gathering collection from Authentique worked perfectly.  I masked the images and sprayed them to coordinate with the papers.


I cut all of the papers down, chose some coordinating die cuts, and  inked everything with dark brown ink.  Once the card fronts were assembled I added some twine and ribbon, and a paper flower to each. The die cuts with sentiments were foam taped over the ribbons.


Pearls were added as a final touch to the front of the cards.


 Since we usually have dinner with our parents, I decided to make  these cards into invitations. I matted some inked white card stock, added more die cuts, and stamped an invitation sentiment.  As it turns out I will have to work so no dinner at my house this year, but I suppose I can consider myself extra early for next year!  :)


I have a confession to make.  When I set out to make the cards for this challenge I had forgotten that part of the challenge was to make the cards square.  I had made A2 size versions of them before I realized. Rather than trying to pull them apart and reassembling them I decided to make new versions.  I really liked my originals so I thought I would also share them:


 Now its your turn!  Create your project (don't forget to make it square, lol). Link up your project to Craft Your Passion Challenges by October 14th to be eligible for prizes.  Details about what you can win can be found back at the blog. And don't forget to make your cards square, lol!   Happy Thanksgiving!!


I used the following products to create my cards:

Card Stock:  Stampin' Up! Chocolate chip.  Neena Solar White.  Authentique Gathering 6x6 bundle.

Stamps:  Pattie's Creations Chef Pattieboop, and Pumpkin Watering Can with Mums.  Stampin' Up! You're Invited

Inks:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy Brown, Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip.

Mists: October Afternoon Woodland Park Lagoon, Mister Huey Sherbet

Markers:  Bic Mark Its Cloud Nine Grey, Honey Brown, Tiki Hut Tan, Tuxedo Black, Summer Melon, Prairie Berry, Yellow Blaze, Margarita Green.  Copic 0, E21, W3.

Embellishments:  Marks Finest Papers Paper Flowers, Recollections Pearls, Stampin' Up!  Pearls, May Arts Jute Twine, May Arts leaves ribbon, brown ribbon from stash.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry, Quickie Glue Pen, foam squares, glue dots.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Ranger Blending tool.



5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Cathy. Sorry you have to work today. Love both sets of cards. The images work beautifully with that collection of papers. The flower and twine element is such a clever embellishment. It really suits these cards perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cathy! I like the colour work you've done. Did you notice I'm having a Halloween-themed giveaway? Please go and have a peek:
    http://thriftyfinn.wordpress.com/2012/10/07/its-a-giveaway-time/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you can take such a "homey" design and make it so elegant... but you did! I LOVE the sprayed background and the colors you chose. Nicely done Cathy!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous. I love the colors and layering.


    afternoonscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are gorgeous! Love the colors, great layouts and fab detailing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)