Tuesday 27 November 2012

Use it Tuesday #44 Uninked Stamp

Its the 4th Tuesday of the month which means its time for another Use it Tuesday challenge!  This time we are asking you to use an uninked stamp.  This was another fun one.  I know I often say that with the Use it Tuesday Challenges, but I find its true when you dig out treasures you forgot you had!  Here is what I came up with:


The stamp is a large background stamp from Hampton Art called "Woman Collage/Passport".  I bought it at Michael's on sale some time ago because I thought it was really pretty, and it sat in my stamp drawer collecting dust because I wasn't really sure what to do with it.  It's so big after all   I've taken it out on occasion to try and gain some inspiration but I was never successful until now.


This time I decided to just sit down and play with it until I got something that I liked.  Easy enough right?  I stamped the image diagonally on a manila tag and sat down to work.  I used some water based markers and my water brush to add some colour to the butterflies and the lady's face.



I then blended some inks over the top, masked the face, and sprayed a few mists.  Once the tag was dry I used some old bubble wrap from Christmas last year to stamp some white paint.  I didn't want it to be bright white so once the paint dried I added some creamy brown ink over the top.   I then cut the tag down to size and matted it.



For the background I decided to stay with my inky theme and used some Pink Paislee Mistables.  I blended some ink onto the patterned paper and sprayed it with more mists.  Once dry I added some banner cut ribbon, adhered it to the card front, foam taped the image, and layered the rest of my elements.



This was a really fun card where I got to play with ink, sprays, and paint.  Don't you want to play too?  Simply dig out one of your unused stamps and get stamping!  Create your project and link it up at Use it Tuesday by December 7th.  You could earn a chance to play along with us as a guest designer!  

And please, don't forget to include in your post what hoarded products you've used!!  Even if we love your project forgetting this step will mean you are not eligible!


These are the products I used to create my card:

Card Stock:  Neenah Desert Storm, Ranger Manila Tag, Pink Paislee Mistables.

Stamp:  Hampton Art Woman Collage/Passport.

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Creamy Brown, Chestnut Roan, Rouge.

Mists:  Mister Huey Boss Lady, Manila, Shimmerz Paints Heavy Metal.

Embellishments:  Buttons from stash, Stampin' Up Twill Tape ribbon, May Arts Jute Twine, Stampin' Up Basic Jewels Pearls, handmade flower.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry, glue dots, Quickie Glue pen.

Tools:  Bone folder, paper trimmer, scissors, Martha Stewart Score board, Ranger Blending Tool, Bubble Wrap. 


I would like to enter into the following challenges:
  1. Deep Ocean - Pastel colours
  2. Pile it On - Anything but a Christmas card
  3. Paper Playtime - Anything Goes
  4. Pause Dream Enjoy - Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love your vintage style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you finally inked it up. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Glad you finally got to use that stamp. Great embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so very pretty!! I love it! Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage look and the details that you added are just perfect for this card. Thanks so very much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love the vintage feeling from the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Cathy, you are one talented woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an elegant card! Thank you to share with us on the Deep Ocean Challenge.
    xoxoxo Eulalia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Thanks for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)