Tuesday 13 November 2012

Use it Tuesday #43 Being Thankful AND a DT call!

Its the second Tuesday of the month so that means its time for another Use it Tuesday challenge!  With the American Thanksgiving on its way next week we are asking you make a project that is all about being thankful!  Here is what I came up with:


With Canadian Thanksgiving already past, I decided to make a thank you card for this challenge, you can never have too many!  I started with these papers.  They come from a huge paper pack by Tim Coffey that I've had for a while.  I've used some pages from the pack before, but this red with beige sheet is what attracted me to the pack in the first place, but I've been saving it for something special.  I decided that it was finally time to cut into it!


Once I had patterns I chose other card stock to coordinate and cut everything down to size. I inked the edges and assembled the main panel, adding ribbon and adhering it to the card base.  I stamped my mini panels used my corner rounder on them, and foam taped them over the ribbon.  I would consider this stamp set hoarded as well, as it is a favourite that I haven't used in a long time.  Since I use a lot of clear stamps now I don't always turn to my wood mounted stamps right away, but these images were perfect for this card.


With the images adhered I added some glitter pen, and finally some pearls.  The lines of pearls are actually preassembled strips that are from my stash.  I don't usually use preassembled gems or pearls as I always think "I can do that myself" but then I never do, lol.  In this case I cut the strips to make the perfect corner embellishments.


The inside was kept simple with an inked piece of kraft matted with dark brown and some of the remaining pattern.

Now its your turn!  Simply dig through your hoarded supplies, find some unused items, and create a project all about being thankful!  Link up your project back at Use it Tuesday by November 23rd and you could win the chance to craft along with us as a guest designer for a future challenge.  Make sure you include in your post what hoarded supplies you've used in order to be considered!!

Need some inspiration?  Our talented design team has a ton of inspiration up for grabs.  Make sure to have a look at their amazing blogs to see what they've come up with!  :)

And speaking of 'design team', we are having a DT call!  Term 4 will run from January 1, 2013 to June 30, 2013 and requirements include the following:

- have an online gallery and/or a blog
- if you have a blog, you need to be a follower of Use It Tuesday to apply :)
- have a Facebook account or a willingness to make one
- be able to work with deadlines
- make and post 2 inspiration projects per month
- comment on players’ projects
- be a team player
- have a positive attitude

Interested? Please email the following completed application to UseItTuesday@gmail.com by November 30th.

1. Name
2. Links to your online galleries and/or blog
3. Your previous DT experience, if any.
4. Please tell us a little about yourself.
5. How did you hear about our DT Call?
6. Have you played with us previously?
7. Please tell us why you would like to be on our team.
8. Please share one fun fact about yourself.

I can tell you from experience that this is a great team to be a part of. Why not take a chance? :)


With that said, back to my project! Here are the supplies I used:

Card Stock: Stampin' Up! Soft Suede, Neenah Desert Storm, K&C Company Tim Coffey Blossomwood.

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Pocket Silhouettes.

Ink: Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip.

Embellishments: Stampin' Up! Basic Jewels Pearls, Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star glitter pen, May Arts Seam binding, Really Reasonable Ribbon burlap ribbon.

Adhesive: Scotch ATG, foam squares, glue dots.

Tools: Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart score board, Ranger blending tool, craft knife, We R Memory Keepers corner chomper, Stamp-a-ma-jig.

I would like to enter into the following challenges:

  1. One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes
  2. Paper Playtime - Autumn Colours
  3. Pile it on - Let's Be Thankful
  4. The Ribbon Carousel - Fall Spirit / Giving Thanks

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Love those colours...great design & stamping.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card! love the simmer!
    Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.
    cheers!
    Jacilynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the colors and the bling embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bits of sparklely metallic on this. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful card. So lovely design. I like your colors choice and stamping. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining the December Challenge at One Crazy Stamper! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute! Thanks for entering the OCS challange! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)