Monday 19 November 2012

Craft Your Passion #137 Use Your Scraps

Another Monday has come around and its time for another Craft Your Passion Challenge!  This time we are asking you to use your scraps.  C'mon, you know you have some!!  Here is what I came up with:


This was a fun one.  I first received this image from sponsor Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps.  This is a Floppy Latte Designs image called Rag Doll.  Isn't she cute?  Once I had the image to work with I went through my patterned scraps folder to figure out what I wanted to do.  I found this patchwork paper and thought it would be perfect.


I coloured my image to coordinate with the main pattern, then found the text paper, and the polka dot kraft paper in my scrap stash to coordinate.  The kraft paper is actually from a paper bag that I received some ribbon in.  I also chose some coordinating card stock, cut everything down to size and inked the edges with light brown.


The kraft paper was crumpled before inking, then all of the layers except the sentiment and the image were layered to form the main panel.


I added some ribbon to the panel before adhering to the kraft card base, then tied a button on with some twine.  The doll was fussy-cut out, and adhered with foam tape over the ribbon.  The sentiment piece was also adhered with foam tape.


As a final touch I added some Viva Pearl Pen.  My pearls aren't perfect, but I think they turned out ok. I just need more practice.  :)


For the inside I matted some inked cream with the same pattern, more polka dot paper, then stamped my sentiment.  I like it when it all comes together in the end. :)

Now its your turn!  Create a project using scraps and post it to Craft Your Passion by Sunday November 25th to be eligible for the giveaway.  Details on prizes can be found back at the blog.  Need some inspiration?  The DT have come up with some great scrappy projects so make sure you check their blogs out to see what they have come up with!


Here are the products I used to complete my card:

Card Stock:  Neenah Desert Storm,  Gina K Designs Pure Ivory, Little Boy Blue, The Girls Paperie Kitsch.

Stamp:  Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps Floppy Latte Designs Rag Doll. Marks Finest Papers  Today Tomorrow Always.

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy Brown

Colouring Medium:  Crayola Pencil Crayons.

Embellishments:  Blue satin ribbon from stash, button from stash, May Arts jute twine, Viva Pearl Pen in Cream

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, glue dots, foam squares.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart Score Board, Ranger Blending Tool.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card..Love those papers & sweet image! Lots of lovely layers... Just Lovely inside & out.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)