Sunday 4 November 2012

An MFP featured set, a little late...

Hi All!  If you followed the Mark's Finest Papers Blog Hop the week before last, not just my posts but the rest of the DT posts as well, you may have noticed that there was one set that I didn't contribute some cards for. That would be because the set came to us a little later than the rest of the sets, and since I live in Canada it actually took longer for me.  I only got it this past Monday and I haven't had a chance until now to work with it.  For this reason I have two cards to show you today using the set called "Enjoy the View":


This is a really fun set to work with.  With a bit of imagination this set could be used for a ton of different projects.  My first card could be used for a graduation, a new job, or for any one that could use a bit of a pat on the back.


I started with the patterned papers, and chose some coordinating card stock and cut everything down to size.  I stamped my sentiments for the inside and outside with Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold, then also stamped the decorative strip under the sentiments in the same way.  All of the pieces of patterned paper and card stock were inked in creamy brown, and then the sentiment panels were distressed with a distressing tool.


I matted each patterned piece with green card stock, and added some washi tape.  Ribbon was added to the smaller patterned piece, then it was foam taped to the larger patterned piece.  The panel was adhered to a kraft card base.  Before adding the sentiment a bow was added to the ribbon, and a die cut scalloped piece was adhered.  The sentiment was added with foam tape and some pins were added to the bow.


For the centre of the card I matted the sentiment panel with some patterns and one more piece of green.  This panel was adhered to the card and another scalloped piece was added.


I really like this card and this set.  I love that MFP sets always have so many sentiments to choose from, so you aren't tied to using the image if you don't want too.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

  1. Papertake Weekly - Sketch
  2. Partytime Tuesday - Anything Goes
  3. The Pink Elephant - Vintage or Shabby Chic
  4. Simon Says Stamp and Show - Just add Pearl
  5. My Mum's Craft Shop - Bright and Bold.
  6. Fussy and Fancy Friday - Pearls and Flowers

Once this 'non image' example was finished I really wanted to use the window stamp so I decided to use it on my second card.


Again I started with the patterns.  These patterns are on a smaller scale so I wanted to keep things more simple so I used a white card base.  I inked the patterns with creamy brown and added ribbon, then adhered the panel to the card base.

For the main image I stamped the window on white, then stamped it again on some plain copier paper.  I used my craft knife to trim out the window panels on the thinner paper and used this as a mask.  I tacked the mask to the main image so that it wouldn't shift, and stamped the tree image from another loved MFP set "All is Calm" over the mask twice without re-inking the stamp in between.  I sprayed two shades of shimmery mist to mimic snow, lifted my mask, then dried the piece with my heat gun. Once the image was dry I coloured the window with an alcohol marker and trimmed it out.  Foam tape was used to adhere the window to the card.


For the centre of the card I layered some inked white over another pattern, stamped my sentiment in black and added some patterned scraps.


I would like to enter my second card into the following challenges:
  1. Creative Stamp Friends - Clean and Simple
  2. One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes
  3. Really Reasonable Ribbon - Winter + Ribbon
  4. Twisted Tuesday - Free for All
  5. Hiding in My Craft Room - You Pick the colours (olive green, cranberry red, and a touch of beige)

This set is a perfect one to be combined with other sets.  I have really loved working with it, I'm only sorry I didn't get the chance during the blog hop week!

I used the following products on my cards:

Card #1:

Cardstock:  October Afternoon Woodland Park, Neena Desert Storm, Stampin' Up!  Old Olive, Very Vanilla.

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy Brown, Versamark Watermark Ink, Stampin' Up Embossing Powder Gold.

Stamps:  Marks Finest Papers Enjoy The View

Embellishments:  Green grosgrain from stash, Marks Finest Papers Champagne hat pins, My Minds Eye Indie Chic Washi Tape, Stampin' Up!  Basic Jewels Pearls.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry, foam squares, glue dots.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart Score Board, Ranger Blending Tool, Cuttlebug, Cottage Cutz Eyelet Edger, Tonic Tim Holtz Edge Distresser, heat tool.


Card #2:

Cardstock:  Gina K Designs Pure White, Neena Solar White, Lily Bee Designs Jingle 6x6 Tiny Tablet.

Stamps:  Marks Finest Papers  Enjoy The View, All is Calm

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink, Creamy Brown, Olive Pastel, Memento Tuxedo Black.

Mists:  Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Glacier, Shimmerz Paints Baby's Breath.

Marker:  Bic Mark Its Tiki Hut Tan.

Embellishments:  May Arts seam binding, jute twine.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, foam squares, glue dots.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Ranger Blending tool, heat tool.

17 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely, your use of the beautiful patterned papers mixed with your stamping is wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week, Cathy!

    Did you perhaps mean this to be in the OTHER Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge? If not, please include a link to our challenge in your post to qualify for the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards!...and I love the MFP set, too! thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards! I love the stick pins and colors on the first and the window scene on the second. Thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these samples! What a great way to showcase the diversity of this set. Beautiful job on both of them - the sentiment as a focal point is so sweet, and your window card is just gorgeous. Thank you for joining in on the fun this week at The Pink Elephant's vintage/shabby challenge!
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the window and how you have the trees in there. The papers are perfect for this theme and I like how you did the ribbons!
    Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday, and hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards - love the simple elegance and the great use of the patterned paper to compliment the designs - thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday
    Hugs
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! Love the colors of the first one, and love the trees in the window in te second one. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards!! Great to have you joining in the challenge at Twisted Tuesday! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your inspiration on the One Crazy Stamper challenge this month. Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake One Crazy Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card, yummy papers!!

    Thanks for joining us at MMCS.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great and just perfect for our challenge over at MMCS this week. Thanks for joining us and hope to see you again
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful card, i like it.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Stamps Friends.

    nice greeting from Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful designs!! Love your pearl stick pins!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us over at Fussy and Fancy Fridays ! Hope you will join us again!! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, How lovely! I love the gold embossing and your use of traditional Christmas colors! Your cards are beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute! Thanks for entering the OCS challange! =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you've combined the patterned papers! Both cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)