Saturday 30 November 2013

Get Inspired - Red and White Christmas

Hi everyone!  Its Saturday which means its time for some cardmaking inspiration!


This week its my turn to share something I've found inspirational. Again I've turned to Pinterest, but I couldn't help it, lol!  With the turn in weather I've been starting to feel the holiday spirit, so I've been wading through a lot of pictures on Pinterest.  I found this one really pretty:


The original comes from Entheos Web Blog in a post that contains free calendar desktop wallpapers.  Click the link to have a look!

I love the contrast of the white on red, and I immediately had a card idea with this pictured.  The card came out pretty much as I had imagined.  Don't you love it when that happens!





I started with a red card base and a panel of velum for the front, and white for the inside.  Once I stamped and embossed the trees from "All is Calm", and I added some gitter glue and allowed it to dry. Once the panels were distressed and adhered I added some doodling with white gel pen, red gemstones, and a decorated wooden snowflake.  The velum did curl a bit while drying, but when adhered with pop dots I like the vintage look it gives.

As it turns out, this card was pretty quick to make (not including glue drying time) so I may make some more of these assembly-line style for mailing to family and friends.  A simple substitution of a die cut snow flake for the wooden one would make this mail friendly.  I also think this would be pretty in many different colours like green, navy and kraft.  

I hope you have found my creation inspiring!  Don't forget to go to the Get Inspired page at MFP Speedy TV next week to see what MariLynn does with this image.  In the meantime have a look around you and see if anything inspires you.  Inspiration to create can come from anywhere!  Feel free to share your creations with us.  :)

If you are not a member of MFP Speedy TV, its a free social networking site focused on stamping and cardmaking with MFP stamps.  In additon to our column you will find lots of inspiration, including other informative columns on a daily basis, so why not click over and see what you are missing!

By the way, part one of the December blog hop featuring the new stamps starts next week so don't forget to visit the Mark's Finest Papers Blog on Tuesday, I hope to see you there.  We're trying out a new way to hop so feel free to let us know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)