Saturday 2 November 2013

Get Inspired - Pumpkins

Hi everyone!  Its Saturday which means its time for some cardmaking inspiration!


This week its my turn to share something I've found inspirational and I started with an idea instead of a picture.  With Halloween being only two days ago, and Autumn leaves falling all around, I felt as though I wanted to make an Autumn themed card with pumpkins.  That idea in mind I went to Pinterest to see what I could find.  I finally stumbled accross this image:


I love chevrons and so chevron pumpkins go perfectly with what I was thinking!  This comes from a fun site called My Sweet Savannah.  Click here to find the post that this picture comes from.

Using Mark's Finest Papers stamp set called Autumn Splendor this is the card I came up with:




As you can see, the chevrons on the pumpkins in the image insipired me to do some paper piecing, and I also kept the colour scheme fairly similar to the picture.  Unlike the picture I added lots of sparkle with my glitter pen, some rhinestones, and pearl head pins.  It was fun taking the time to do some distressing with both ink and my distressing tool.  I left the inside blank so I can decorate it a bit more once the card is needed.  

Thats it for me today, I hope you find my post inspirational!  Please visit the Get Inspired page at MFP Speedy TV next week to see what MariLynn does with this image.  There are so many different things she could do! In the meantime have a look around you and see if anything inspires you.  Inspiration to create can come from anywhere!  Feel free to share your creations with us.  :)

If you are not a member of MFP Speedy TV, its a free social networking site focused on stamping and cardmaking with MFP stamps.  In additon to our column you will find lots of inspiration, including other informative columns on a daily basis, so why not click over and see what you are missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)