Monday 17 December 2012

Craft Your Passion #141 Recipe!

Its another Monday in December which means it is time for another Craft Your Passion challenge!  Since you are already in the midst of your holiday baking (insert snort here, lol) we thought we'd challenge you to create a card according to the following recipe:

3 Patterned Papers
1 Circle
1 Ribbon or Twine

I bet you have the 'ingredients'!  Here is what I came up with:


This was a fun one.  I started with this image from sponsor Delicious Doodles called Penguin Family.  Isn't it cute?!  I printed it off on white card stock and die cut it with one of my Nestabilites circles.  I also embossed the circle with a tan mat.


Once my image was ready I decided on the rest of my elements.  I chose some card stock and coordinating papers.  I've used this paper pad quite a bit and I find it so pretty.  I cut everything down and inked the edges, then assembled the main panel.  BTW, the little sentiment was trimmed from a sheet of blocks in same paper pack.


Once the main panel was assembled I added some ribbon and adhered the panel to the card base.  I foam taped the image over the ribbon and added some hat pin embellishments.


For the centre I used some more of the same patterns and an inked piece of white.  I think this would be a great holiday card, but you could just as easily use it for a winter note card, or a thank you card.

Now its your turn!  Create your project with the above recipe and link it up at Craft Your Passion Challenges by Sunday, December 23rd in order to be included for the draw.  Make sure you check back at the blog for prize and sponsor information!  

As always, don't forget to visit the rest of the DT!  They have so many lovely projects displayed for your inspiration!


Here are the supplies I used for my card:

Card Stock:  Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip, Gina K Designs Pure White, Fancy Pants Winterland 6x6 pad.


Ink:  Stampin' Up! Baja Breeze, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy brown.

Embellishments:  May Arts Seam Binding, Marks Finest Papers Hat Pins

Adhesive: Scotch ATG, foam squares, glue dots.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart score board, Ranger blending tool, sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)