Tuesday 2 April 2013

Today's Mark's Finest Papers Featured Desiginer!

Hi everyone!  Today I have the honour to be a featured designer on the Mark's Finest Papers blog for a third time!


I'm quite excited and this time I thought I'd share a fun technique for making your own faux metal embellishments.  Click here to find my tutorial.

In the meantime, here is the card I made using this technique:



Fun, eh?  I originally picked this technique up from Kristina Werner, but I find it so versatile that I thought it was worth sharing in my own way.  One thing that Kristina had said in the original video was to not use clear stamps.  I actually found that clear stamps worked quite well, if not better, than using rubber stamps.  It is definitely a fun technique to play with!


Supplies used for this card:

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Seed Packets

Card Stock:  Neenah

Ink:  Versamark Watermark Ink

Embossing Powder - Recollections Fine Detail silver

Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Paperlace II set

Embellishments:  Ribbon from stash, Recollections gemstones.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, heat tool, Recollections heart punch, Ek Success flourish punch, We R Memory Keepers Crop A Dile, heat tool, Cuttlebug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)