Friday 24 August 2012

Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge #34 Little Green Men

Its time for another Friday challenge at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges!  This week the theme is a fun one, "Little Green Men".  Here is what I came up with:


Can you believe I didn't use any ribbon on this one, lol?  I started with these cute images from Squigglefly.   I coloured the alien and his saucer first then chose some coordinating cardstock.  I die cut a large circle from gray and trimmed it down to the size I wanted and drew some craters with a grey marker.  On the navy piece of cardstock I stamped a stars pattern over the entire piece with yellow chalk ink.  The sentiment was printed on white cardstock and trimmed, then I inked the white and the planet with charcoal ink.

Once I adhered the main panel I adhered the planet in place and coloured in random stars with glitter pen.  I adhered the sentiment with foam tape, adhered the saucer directly to the background and adhered the alien with foam squares.  I added all of the green gemstones to the o's in the sentiment, and added some clear gemstones randomly to some of the stars. 


Finally I added some diamond glaze to the saucer and to the alien's eyes. It was the first time I have used the stuff so it wasn't perfect but I think I did ok. 


Now its your turn! This week's prize is a $5 gift certificate from Clear Dollar Stamps.

 

Whether you link here or at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges your project will be entered into the same draw. And don't forget to stop by the rest of the design team's blogs.  They come up with amazing projects every week and this week is no exception!


I used the following supplies:

Card Stock:  Stampin' Up!  Night of Navy, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Basic Greay.

Stamps:  Digital - Squigglefly Spacepack.  Clear - Fancy Pants Little Star

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Yello Ochre, Charcoal, Memento Tuxedo Black.

Markers:  Copic W3, W5, 0.  Bic Mark Its Margarita Green, Oceanview Blue.

Embelishments:  Scrappin Supplies Rhinestones, Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star glitter pen.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, foam squares, Diamond Glaze.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles Large, sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)