Monday 27 August 2012

Craft Your Passion #125 Embossing

Its almost the end of August and its time for another challenge at Craft Your Passion.  This week's theme is "Embossing" and this is what I came up with:



This time we got to choose a digital image from our sponsor Cardmadfairy.  Their images are really fun, and I loved this one called "All Dressed Up".  I started by colouring the image, and since I didn't want to cut it out this time, I instead masked the image and added some light brown ink with an ink blending tool.  I think this adds alot of depth to the panel.  As an afterthought I also added some glitter pen to her necklace.


I chose the card stock and coordinating patterns, embossing the top layer with my "Seeing Spots" embossing folder.  All pieces where inked with light brown, taking care to emphasize the spots on the embossed piece.  Once I adhered the main panel together I added some ribbon and adhered it to the card front.  The  image panel was foam taped over the ribbon, and I added a bow and some Prima flowers. I have so many elements the dry embossing can be hard to see in a picture but its there!


I heat embossed the sentiment with some black embossing powder and banner cut the piece.  I then added more light brown ink with my blending tool.  Once I foam taped this to the card front I thought I was done but I felt as though the card still needed something.  For this reason I added some random rhinestones over the front of the card.  

For the center of the card I stamped the second part of the sentiment on some inked cream card stock, matted it,  and adhered it with some corner rounded scraps.


Don't you want to join in the fun?  Create your project and add it to the inlinkz at Craft Your Passion  by September 2nd so that you can be entered into the draw.  See the blog for details on prizes! Also, don't forget to check out the projects from the rest of the DT. There is lots of inspiration to be had!


I used the following supplies:

Card Stock:  Stampin' Up!  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Melon Mambo, Fancy Pants Its the Little Things 6x6 pad.

Stamps:  Digital - Cardmadfairy All Dressed Up  Rubber - Stampin' Up!  Petite Pairs.

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy Brown, Memories Black, Versamark Watermark Ink.

Embossing:  Stampin' Up Black Embossing Powder, Cuttlebug Seeing Spots Embossing Folder.

Markers:  Copic W3, 0, E21, E0, R20.  Bic Mark Its Margarita Green, Fandango Pink, Yellow Blaze.  Neopiko 2 4548.

Embellishments:  Prima Flowers Melisse Nature Garden, Camille Almanac.  American Crafts Premium Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Up! Basic Jewels Rhinestones.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry, Zots, foam squares, Dotto.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Cuttlebug, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Ranger Ink Blending tool, heat tool.


I would like to enter into the following challenges:

  1. Catered Crop - No Stress to Distress
  2. The Ribbon Carousel - Bump it Up
  3. Pile it On - Something with P (Pink, petals, person)


5 comments:

  1. I really liked the embossed "words" element, your choice of DP and the sentiment banner on your card Cathy! The more I looked, the more I found interesting detail - well done!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card. Love the colouring of the image and that awesome ribbon treatment. The random bling is a sweet detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love what you have done, love that image! Thanks for playing at RCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Pile It On "I Spy Something With A “P”” with us! Just loved your card, and hope to see you back here next week!

    PIO DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - love the inside too!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)