Friday 17 August 2012

Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge #33 Flamingo Pink

Its Friday so that means its time for another Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge!  This week the theme is to use flamingo pink, or flamingos, or both.  This is what I came up with:


I started this flamingo image from Squgglefly.  I kept the colouring simple, and fussy cut the image when done.  I chose coordinating card stock, trimmed everything to size and inked it with light brown ink. I particularly love the kraft paper with printed script. I used it to mat the pink doily paper but I tried to keep the border wide enough that you could still see the script.  I adhered the pieces to form the main panel.

I was going to adhere the flamingo image right on the base panel, but I decided to back it with a jounalling block from a sticker booklet that comes from the same collection as one of the patterned papers.  so that it was easier to layer I backed the block with white cardstock and trimmed it out.


Once I added ribbon to the main panel I adhered the panel to the card front and foam taped the image piece over the ribbon.  I added the bow and the big flower.  The big flower had been made out of white poster paper and then misted.  I added an inked sentiment sticker to the bottom of the card, and added the small flower stickers diagonally across the card front.


For the center I added an inked piece of white and a few more inked stickers.



Why don't you join us in the fun?  This week's prize is a $5 gift certificate from Clear Dollar Stamps.  How fun is that?!

  


Whether you link here or at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges your project will be entered into the same draw. 


These are the supplies I used:

Card Stock:  Gina K Designs Heavy Baseweight Bubblegum Pink.  Stampin' Up!  Whisper White, Jillibean Soup Talk Soup Cup of Yak, American Crafts Hello Sunshine Delight

Digital Stamp:  Squigglefly Flamingo

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy Brown

Markers:  Bic Mark Its Cloud Nine Grey, Fandango Pink, Pink Flamingo, Summer Melon, Yellow Blaze

Mists:  Shimmerz Paints Spritz Plum Pudding, Cotton Candy, Shimmerz Paintz Shimmeringz Goldie Lox.

Embellishments:  Stampin' Up!  Twill Tape, American Crafts Premium Satin Ribbon, homemade scrunchie flower, Recollections Gemstone stickers, American Crafts Remarks Phrases and Journalling sticker book Good Afternoon.

Adhesive: Scotch ATG, foam squares, Quickie Glue Pen, Scotch Quick Dry.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Ranger Ink blending tool.


I would like to enter into the following challenges:
  1. Pretty Little Ribbon - Add some bling or sparkle.
  2. Creative Card Crew - Maps/ Newsprint/ Sheet Music/ Script.
  3. Simon Says Stamp - Animal Antics
  4. My Mums Craft Shop - Kraft it

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Thanks for playing along at CCC and good luck! Ani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - your layout is fab and that flower is gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew challenge!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Flamingo! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew this week. Hugs. Elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I love the brown and pink colour combo and the flower is so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop this week. Teresa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)