Saturday 7 September 2013

Get Inspired - Quilts

Hi everyone!  Its Saturday which means its time for some cardmaking inspiration!


This week its my turn to share something I've found inspirational.  Yet again my search began on Pinterest and I found this beautiful photo:


This image comes from a blog for a quilt shop called Quilt Works which you can find here.  It attracted my eye because I've been working on knitting a mitred square blanket, and I really love the look.  This is what I came up with on paper:




By the way, the stamp set I've used called "Primitive Farm" is one of the upcoming Mark's Finest Papers releases for September.  The September blog hop is coming up next week so really recommend you come back to check out all of the sets coming out this month!

I really love how the background turned out.  I started by choosing four colours of card stock and trimming four squares from each colour - one of each of these sizes:  1.5", 1.25", 1", and 0.75", and cut each in half diagonally.   I also cut four squares from scrap paper, slightly smaller than 1.5".  Using the scrap squares as a base I  assembled the squares as you see them above, gluing each layer with liquid glue.  I added them to the card with foam tape for added dimention.  Once I assembled the card I added white stitching lines as a final touch.

So that's it for me!  Don't forget to go to the Get Inspired page at MFP Speedy TV next week to see what MariLynn does with this image.  There are so many different things she could do! In the meantime have a look around you and see if anything inspires you.  Inspiration to create can come from anywhere!

If you are not a member of MFP Speedy TV, its a free social networking site focused on stamping and cardmaking with MFP stamps.  In additon to our column you will find lots of inspiration, including other informative columns on a daily basis, so why not click over and see what you are missing!

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous. I can see I have my work cut out for me. I love how you paired it with the primitive house image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)