Thursday, 20 September 2012

Birthday Travels

Today's card was inspired by Studio Calico's 6x6 pad called Abroad.  It is so fun, with maps,blue prints, bright colours, and other travel imagery.  I decided to make a birthday card.


I started with some kraft paper, layered a panel of map paper cut strips from various papers from the pad.  I cut them to various lengths, banner cut the ends, and inked the edges with creamy brown.  I adhered some with regular adhesive, and some with foam tape.


 Finally I heat embossed a sentiment on a banner cut piece of white that had been inked, then added some glitter stars.  I added a few gems for a bit more interest.  There is no such thing as too much sparkle!


The center was done simply with a coordinating sentiment, also heat embossed in silver.



I love how this one turned out. The colours are much brighter than what I usually do, and this is the perfect card to have in my birthday card stash!


Here are the supplies I've used:

Card Stock:  Stampin' Up Crumb Cake.  Neenah Solar White. Studio Calico Abroad 6x6 pad.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Today, Tomorrow, and Always. 

Ink:  Versamark Watermark Ink, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy Brown.

Embossing Powder:  Stampin' Up!  Silver

Embellishments:  Recollections gems, stars from stash.

Adhesive: Scotch ATG, foam squares.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Ranger Blending tool.


I would like to enter this card into the Simon Says Stamp - Emboss It.

1 comment:

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Super FUN card!! Love all the papers and the fabulous design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa