Sunday 22 April 2012

A birthday up in the air.

While I haven't been posting lately, I have been crafting a bit and this will be the first of two posts tonight.


Yet another belated birthday card, hopefully the last one for a while.  I love this patterned paper from American Crafts, and since the person I was making the card for likes planes, I thought of a great way to use it.

I have a really cute Recollections stamp set from Michaels with no name made up of various vehicles.  I stamped the plane from the set in brown ink and used my Bic Mark Its to colour the image.  

Once I cut out the image I chose some cardstock to coordinate with the pattern and layered them together.  I adhered the plane with foam tape and decided to put the sentiment on a strip of leftover white cardstock.  I cut the right side with a 'v' and matted the white with some kraft.  I felt it looked bare so I added some mini brads along the edge, and adhered some buttons threaded with hemp twine.

To finish I used a Stampin' Up marker in the same colour as the ink to make a swirly dash line behind the plane to suggest the route the plane had taken.  I think this was a fun touch, and I really like how it turned out!

On the inside, I adhered some white cardstock with a strip of the cloud pattern.  Once I stamped the sentiment I stamped another plane and added more dash lines.  This card is definitely one of my favourites!  :)


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
  1. Catered Crop:  The Get Krafty Recipe Swap
  2. Everybody Art:  Card for a man.
  3. The Paper Shelter:  Wings and Things

I used the following supplies:

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up!  Whisper White, Recollections kraft, American Crafts Hello Sunshine Dandy.

Stamps:  Recollections rubber stamp set, Stampin' Up! On Your Birthday, Bitty Birthday.

Ink:  Stampin' Up!  Chocolate Chip.

Markers:  Stampin' Up! Stampin' Write Chocolate Chip, Bic Mark Its Oceanview Blue, Rambunctious Red, Cloud Nine Grey.

Adhesive:  Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive runner, foam squares, Glue Dots.

Embellishments:  Recollections mini brads, buttons and hemp twine from my stash.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, scissors, bone folder, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

2 comments:

  1. Ah . . . what a cutie. I love it. Great use of Kraft paper, too! So glad you joined us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Cathy & I love the decorated inside of the card too :)
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)