Today I thought I'd look back at the knitting goals I set back at the beginning of 2015. Here is what I came up with back then:
- Finish Sock Yarn Blanket by end of August
- Newborn and preemie hats for charity - one every other week for about 26 by the end of the year.
- One crochet snowflake a per month for a total of 12 for my 2015 Christmas tree (this goal may be beyond my abilities, lol).
- Finish at least 5 sweaters (any size) including 2 already started.
Most of these goals were not realistic and somewhat too specific for me to finish. I only met #2 and I knit a total of 32 baby hats. I surpassed one goal, yay!!!
Here is what I've come up with for 2016:
- Knit one baby hat per week for a total of 52 by the end of the year. I think this is completely doable since these little hats are so fast to knit.
- Update Ravelry more regularly. You may be wondering why I don't have any pictures linked to this post, well at some point during the year I stopped updating Ravelry project pages so all of my pictures (if pictures exist) are buried in the mountains of pictures saved in my phone. I don't like this, especially if I've given things as gifts. I like to have a record of what I've knit. My plan is to start adding pages as I go from this point on, but also to update old projects as much as I can. I have a feeling I won't be able to completely update 2015, but I should be able to keep up with 2016 from this point forward.
- Finish all of my WIPs. I'm committed to this goal since I hate having project bags that I tend to find randomly, stuffed into random crevices around my house, lol. I think that if I come across something that I just don't like then I should frog the project and knit something I do like. Wish me luck with this one, it may be a bit difficult.
- Knit things I like. Part of the reason that I didn't finish my goals for last year is that I pledged to do things that I don't really enjoy. For example, I don't really like to crochet that much. Not that I never will, I just won't put the pressure on myself to do things I don't like.
Thats it! We'll see if I keep up with this throughout 2016 but right now I am fairly possitive.
Happy New Year everyone!