Saturday 13 July 2013

Get Inspired - Yellow Bicycle

Hi Everyone!  Its Saturday which means its time for a dose of weekly inspiration to get your crafty juices flowing, and it's my turn to provide some. :)


If you've read this column before it will not surprise you to learn that I found today's picture from Pinterest, which is a great source of all kinds of  inspiration. The below picture originally comes from a Tumblr page called The Bicycle is Art.  Feel free to click over there to see the other great bike inspired art they've collected.


I love this picture - the simplicity of the bike against the textured yellow wall.  This is the card I came up with:


I started with the yellow base, and cut a panel for the front that I embossed using a Tim Holtz folder in my Cuttlebug.  I added a bit of ink to highlight the texture and added some orange bakers twine.


I foam taped the panel to the front of the card, and punched a piece of cream that I stamped with a sentiment.  I attached a bicycle paper clip and foam taped the sentiment and bike over the twine.  Some gems finished the front off.


I kept the inside simple with a panel of cream and sentiment.  I used two of  Mark's Finest Papers sets "Cracked Hello", and "Classic Dad".

I enjoyed making this card so much I also made a green version:



These were really fun to make.  Are you inspired to create?  If so why not let us know what you make in the comments below. In the meantime don't forget to go to the Get Inspired page at MFP Speedy TV next week to see what MariLynn does with this bright image.

As I mentioned before, this post is part of the  Get Inspired page at MFP Speedy TV .   If you are not a member of MFP Speedy TV, its a free social networking site focused on stamping and cardmaking with MFP stamps.  In additon to our column you will find lots of inspiration, including other informative columns on a daily basis, so why not click over and see what you are missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)