Monday 13 May 2013

MFP May Sneak Peak!

Ok, I'm a little late posting this, sorry about that!  Mother's Day celebrations went a bit later on Sunday than expected so I didn't get everything photographed and uploaded on time.  Oh well, better late than never!

So as you may have gathered by now I'm going to show you the fifth and mini sets from Mark's Finest Papers for May.  I'll show you the mini first as you get this one free if you buy all four of the main sets.  Its called "Lily of the Valley".



So lovely!  Perfect for summer weddings!  Here is what I came up with:




You may wonder why the kraft looks darker than usual.  I knew I wanted to use white pen on my first card so I chose Recollections brand to use as its darker than the Neenah kraft I normally use.  The Recollections is a bit more flimsy so its not my favourite but I do like to have an alternate colour for when the mood strikes me. :)




For this card I thought it would be fun to use my Cricut to make a heart cut out for the front.  I punched a few tiny hearts for the inside to carry through the theme.

The next set is perfect for this time of year.  Called "Natures Silhouettes"  its the perfect compliment for the first set in the hop being featured tomorrow. 


Really, this is a great compliment for any spring/early summer set and those sentiments can be used any time of year.  Here is what I came up with:




I love the simplicity of the stamps so I didn't want to do too much on the card, but I thought a bit of pattern would add a splash of colour.




I love cattails and thought they were perfect for a sympathy card.  I feel like its always good to have these on hand because when you need one you likely won't want to take the time to make one.

Well that's it for me, for this post anyway.  Stay tuned for the hop!





3 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! Love this new set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow all of these are beautiful. I really love the 2nd and 3rd cards. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love what you did with Lily of the Valley. I think the strips of patterned paper behind the flowers. And I think the negative of the heart shape is a perfect frame for the wedding sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)