Saturday 7 June 2014

Get Inspired - Rustic Flowers (Week 2)

Hi Everyone, Happy Saturday!Its my turn to contribute for our Get Inspired column over at MFP Speedy TV!


Last week MariLynn was inspired by a magazine photo:


The colours are really pretty and I love the roses.  Here is what I came up with:




I used the MFP stamp set called Love, Love, Love.  I started by stamping and embossing the image on cream, and coloured the image with water based markers.  I thought a kraft base , and some patterned paper was used for the background.  Originally I was going to work with a wood grain background, but I decided the lace pattern was vintagey enough to have a similar feel. Jute twine, and some self-adhesive pearls finished things off, although I couldn't resist adding a bit of glitter gel pen. :)
  
As I mentioned before, this post is part of the  Get Inspired page at MFP Speedy TV .   If you are not a member of MFP Speedy TV, its a free social networking site focused on stamping and cardmaking with MFP stamps.  In additon to our column you will find lots of inspiration, including other informative columns on a daily basis, so why not click over and see what you are missing!

So thats it for me this week! Next week I will have some new inspiration for you, so I hope to see you then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)