Saturday, 3 March 2012

Black and White

For tonight's card I was inspired by two separate challenge blogs.  The first was the Everybody Art Challenge which calls for monochrome, and the second was the Wild Orchid Challenge which calls for white plus one other colour.  I knew right away what I wanted to do as I've been holding onto a certain 6x6 pad until I thought of something special to do with it.



The pattern paper is from My Mind's Eye and is called Meadow Lark.  The entire pad is black and white and I love it so much that I bought two of them.  For this card I chose a sheet with the blackbird in the corner and matted it with black. I chose a coordinating print and then die cut a circle from it, and die cut circles from white and black with Spellbinder's dies.  I embossed the white circle, stamped the sentiment, sponged the edges of everything with charcoal chalk ink.   After assembling the circles with brads, attaching some lovely charcoal Prima ribbon, and adhering the circles with foam squares, I adhered the whole thing to a white card base, which I also inked of course. I decided more embellishment was needed so I added some self-adhesive crystals which I think was just the right touch.

Since I chose to make this a "friend-to-friend" card I didn't want to stamp anything in the center of the card, but I didn't want to leave it empty either.  For this reason I sponged the edges of some scraps and added more die-cut circles.


Even though this card is only black and white, it is still classic and pretty.  I think any friend would like to receive it to let them know you are thinking of them.  :)

I'm also entering this into The Ribbon Carousel Challenge which is anything goes.


Supplies I used are as follows:

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Whisper White.  My Mind's Eye Meadow Lark 6x6 pad.

Stamps:  Stampin' Up!  Pocket Silhouettes.

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Charcoal.  Memories Black ink.

Embellishments:  Prima ribbon, Recollections brads, self-adhesive crystals from my stash.

Adhesive:  Tombo Mono permanent adhesive runner, Skor tape, foam squares.

Dies:  Spellbinder's Standard Circles Large.

Tools:  Cuttlebug, paper trimmer, artist sponge 

3 comments:

Anita said...

Stunning card! Great vintage look. Thanks for joining us at Ribbon Carousel.

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

beautiful Card !! I love it !! Thank you for joining EAC this week.
hugs
Tina46

Rein said...

Beautiful card!